Vanenburg Software releases Corona application as ‘open source’March 27, 2020
To harness the collective and collaborative power of the community in response to the Corona virus(COVID-19), we at Vanenburg Software are proud to contribute to this challenge with the release of the CoronaGo! application as ‘open source’.
In the difficult Corona-pandemic situation, our healthcare system is under enormous pressure to fulfill the current need. It results in an urgent need for scalable and highly flexible software solutions to support medical professionals and government stakeholders, with respect to privacy.
The purpose of the CoronaGo! application released by Vanenburg Software is to reduce burden on the healthcare system by helping doctors to easily identify potential carriers of the disease and help in preventing the spread, as well as providing other stakeholders (hospital administration, government) with key insight into e.g. crucial stock. The app is also to provide ‘location based alerting’ functionality, notifying users if they enter a ‘high risk’ area. To secure privacy, an encrypted tool will ensure that the sensitive data fields cannot be accessed by the tools of the underlying infrastructure platform.
By making the application available as ‘open source’ Vanenburg Software is looking forward to unlock and activate an eco-system of healthcare professionals, government stakeholders and IT companies.
The application supports several uses cases:
- Surveying patients via a portal and assessing patients with a risk score (WHO certified)
- Proving doctors with the classified patient list allowing them to consult with high-risk patients over video
- Location based alerting (‘geofencing’) notifying users in case of high-risk areas
- Managing essential hospital supply chain
- Insight and predictions
- Highly flexible, scalable and robust (proven technology)
- No-vendor lock-in
- Enhanced privacy
- The application is developed on ‘open source’ Java-based components
- Hosted on scalable Google App Engine platform
- Mobile & Desktop enabled (care everywhere)
- Big Data based ‘Proximity Risk Alert’
- Machine learning enabled
- Patient data is encrypted and safe
Our Call to Action:
- For developers: join us on the journey to further enrich the application with additional or improved modules.
- For medical professionals: contact us to request access.
- For government stakeholders: start deploying the application and address your evolving needs with Rapid Application Development.
Sneak Preview (product impression):
For more information:
Download the CornonaGo App brochure.